Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Holidays...

Have I ever shared that I absolutely love the Holidays?! I am not sure if I love them because my birthday is on Christmas Eve, or because it is the time where you spend so much time with your loved ones (even if you don't like some of them hee, hee).

Our Holidays always start with Thanksgiving, like many of you. Ours is extra special because it is my daughter's (step) birthday, November 25. We always celebrate in on Thanksgiving, but this year she turned 15. In the Mexican culture, turning 15 is a huge deal. It is often celebrated with a huge party called a Quinceanera (Cotillion). Crystal had a choice, a cotillion or $, of course she choose money, but it would not have been cool if we didn't have a little celebration for her. So we did and we brought the whole family together.




     


This past weekend, we also put up the Christmas tree. The boys were with me in the living room and were very entertained with the lights.



We even had a little fun with the boys (please disregard their messy face, Dad doesn't seem to believe in wipes)....





I am so happy and grateful for my family's health. These Holidays are going to be extra special and emotional to me because it will be my first Christmas with my new family. I am going mad buying gifts, that there will be a point in which my husband will sign me up to a shop-a-holic intervention or something. I can not wait when my boys have the excitement of trying to stay up for Santa every year. I know it is a long way to go, but for now I am going to enjoy every minute I have with my boys, they are the best present I have received in my life thus far......





1 comment:

  1. Oh Blanca this is beautiful! we have so much to be thankful for this year!

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete